Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Travel time once again.  I promised myself to make this blog better, it’s kinda messy, right?  I think until now I haven’t got the specific niche but please bear with me.  If you’ve been directed to here, that means things are starting to fall into places.
Anyways, I’ll be hitting the Northern Luzon in a couple of days from now but first I’ve got to fly to Manila from Puerto Princesa, Palawan.  Few days back I had a nice time at Port Barton, I’ll be missing the beaches of Palawan, I know there are beaches in Luzon but I don’t really like anything lesser otherwise I’ll just be wasting my time, after all I am never a beach person.
It’s half past 10:00am in the morning and the queue at outside the airport terminal of Puerto Princesa is long.  The heat of the sun is really unbearable, we have to fall in line under the shaded side of the terminal which made me wonder why the long queue?  I found the answer to that once I got past the gate.
The baggage X-ray machine at the airport’s main entrance is not working!
There were about 4 or 5 personnel rummaging on everyone’s luggages before getting to the airline counters.  I asked the lady digging into my backpack and she told me it’s been a week since the x-ray machine got to function, so they had to do the baggage check manually.
So for those of you who don’t really know how to pack your stuff, be careful in putting your pink-colored undies on top level of your baggage otherwise you’ll be hmmm, you know what I mean.  Unless the machine is already fixed after yesterday – January 20, 2015.
If you’re taking the Cebu Pacific flight and you don’t have any check in luggage, you don’t have to fall in line for your boarding pass, if you have not printed it yet online, you can always print it via the machine located beside the wall on the right side before the counter.  At any rate, the friendly lady security personnel will approach and assist you to do that.
Puerto Princesa City airport boarding lounge.

For those who can’t control the urge to smoke before a flight, bad news for you (or us), the boarding lounge cafĂ© where one is allowed to smoke – notwithstanding the exorbitant cost of a cup of coffee or cold drinks – is no longer a last-minute smoking zone.  Smoke to your heart’s content while you’re still outside the terminal.
Speaking of exorbitant cost, buy your bottled water even before coming to the airport if you’re as stingy as me, the smallest bottle cost P30 inside the terminal.
Departure tax costs P150 which used to be P100, the airport is expanding so we'd better be expecting some improvements soon.
Airasia flying to Manila left on time at 1150am while my Cebu Pacific flight was 30 minutes late, scheduled to fly at 12:00nn, left at 12:30.  The flight landed in Manila at 1:50pm and I was glad the Pope had left yesterday, I didn’t say happy that he’s gone, just glad that the rush is gone although it left a residue on the traffic scene around Manila’s airport, well, just a bit.
This time last year, Manila is a bit cold especially at night, not this time.  I’ll be heading to Baguio in a couple days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment