Sunday, May 04, 2014

Sunday, May 04, 2014
2

Their specialty must be strawberry something, and so I thought.  Let’s me see.

I always see the sign every time I walk to and from the town’s municipal building but I was so lazy looking for the restaurant.  From where the sign is posted, there is a short passageway of about 25 meters and the restaurant is there.  It’s surprising to find out that it’s located above the valley, surrounded by foliage, the trees up above the hill and down below, it creates an illusion that it’s a place of its own – out of the town – on the edge of a hill. 

A really unpredictable location when you’re just looking at the signage along the main road.
I went in, 3 little girls busy surfing the net from their phones, a guy on his notebook, nobody did notice me!  I started by asking if I can order something to eat and one of the girls went to the kitchen to call someone.  And she herself took a piece of paper and jotted down my order.  I asked though what’s their bestseller or what’s the best on the menu, she said (you’ve guessed it right) – ALL!


Scanning through the narrow-listed menu, the first thing that came into my mind was Wong Kar-wai’s “My Blueberry Nights” (2007), so, diabetic that I am – I ordered Blueberry Pancake at 120 pesos, coffee not included, I thought it should’ve been with that pricetag.

It was a breakfast, I devoured my sweet blueberry pancakes, two medium-sized pancakes with a whip of butter, the blueberry jam or sauce on a small saucer and I ordered coffee with it at 25 pesos extra.

The pancakes must have been a ready-mix, Betty Crocker perhaps but the blueberry sauce was  absolutely divine!  It’s maybe from a commercial jam jar too but It's lip-smacking!


Located in front of Indigenous Handicrafts and Inn, approximately 10-minute walk from the municipal building, signage on your right hand, get in that small alley, ten steps and you’re there.


What to order: pancakes, crepes, sandwiches and smoothies.

Insider Tip:   Dine outside as the small valley view is nice and the ambiance is rustic.

Serves:  Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Price: P70 – up.
Address: Daoangan, Sagada, Mountain Province, Philippines
Map Location: StrawberryCafé

2 comments: