Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wednesday, April 30, 2014


The good thing in Sagada is you’ll never run out of good places to satisfy your appetite, that I'm certain of.  

But in case you want to try something else (I didn’t say something new or something different) try dining at this simple restaurant in front of George Guesthouse, called Kusina Ysagada.


I was craving for breakfast at past 12:00nn, but they serve breakfast only until 10:00am, my mealtimes are a bit behind the normal.  

For some reasons, I found it difficult to choose from their narrow-ranging menu list and I ended up with the pork chopsuey.  It’s an assortment of chopped veggies like cabbage, carrots, green string beans, button mushrooms and bits of pork, sautéed altogether and served with a cup of white rice.  Not bad, the veggies taste good and cooked just the right tenderness, I like my veggies crunchy.  But the pieces of meat tastes a bit sour like cured meat.  It tastes like “tapa” or “longganisa”, I’m not sure, maybe it’s meant to taste that way, and I just got used to chopsuey with plain sautéed meats. 


The wait staff though are funny and friendly, but is it enough to make up for the quality of the food?  I think yes, I’m not going to be whining about the sour-tasting meat.  It isn’t that bad anyway, just fine I would say.


Kusina Ysagada is a small place with about 8 tables and benches (not chairs), amusing colorful paintings of native people on the wall, and a flat panel TV.

Located in front of George Guesthouse, before reaching Pinikpikan Haus and Lemon Pie House.

What to order: Nothing really singularly special.  I inquired from the staff about their specialty and I got a blunt “none really” reply.  So, I would say, take a chance on any item on their menu, you might just get lucky. 

Insider Tip: None really.

Serves:  Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.

Price: P120 - 200
Atey, Daoangan, Sagada
Contact:  +63 908 891 9610

0 comments:

Post a Comment